- 1. Extract plunger of operator VO-1
- 2. Place gold colored adapter over valve and tighten.
Finger tightening is sufficient.
- 3. Push plunger in to plug and screw in 2.5 to 3 turns.
There is a mark on the knob.
- 4. Place the smooth end (0.375 inch/ 9.5mm O.D.) into vacuum
system -- the connection may be adapter on pump or a high vacuum hose.
- 5. Rough pump manifold. Valve still closed.
- 6. Open valve. Pull out plunger and valve plug to open dewar
- 7. Evacuate dewar to pressure less than 1E-6 Torr.
- 8. Close Valve. Push plunger in completely.
- 9. Close high vacuum valve and vent system, then unscrew
plunger from valve plug. Then retract plunger.
- 10. Loosen gold colored adapter and remove VO-1 from dewar.
- 11. Replace dust cap on valve.